Mon, Jun 01, 2020

Engine Swap Build - Wed Aug 21, 2019

so little bit of an update - I have got the alloys sorted for the buggy!! due to the increased size of the disk and caliper and moving from 4 stud to 5 stud I had to change the wheels from the 15" Ultralite D1's to an 18" rim, in the end I got some replica Audi rims in need of TLC!!

When I got the tyres off and took them to the Wheel refurbisher I discovered only 1 of them was actually round - the rest were dinged and one was very bad, however the guys a Top Wheels in Morecambe did a totally amazing job, fully repaired all dings removed and now properly round!! finished in a nice satin black powder coat!! here you go -
Image
Image
Image

Not going to use the normal centre caps instead im 3d printing my own, here is the first rough print (will paint them black and then sand back to give the red logo)
Image
Image

And then finally with 235/55/18 General Grabber AT3's on!!
Image
Image

Also chopped up the driveshafts and sorted the cv joints for both ends so will post shots soon when I get chance to measure them up correctly!!