Wed, Apr 01, 2020

Engine Swap Build - Tue Mar 10, 2020

Quick update time guys... the knock on effect of this engine change is just madness!! so Ive now finished the new front hubs, modified the steering rack and fitted new rosejoints to it, so here are the new front hubs:

Parts layed out for a single hub:
Image

parts built up:
Image
Image

tacked together:
Image
Image
Image
Image

fully welded and fitted:
Image
Image

then I took a look at the ket barrel and tried to fit it to the suzuki column....... total fail! so had to get a new vw golf column and change the suzuki one out whilst keeping the suzuki rack - almost there with the change now but once again the knock on effect strikes again, as I have now changed the column, non of the switch gear fits so now I have to fit the vw switch gear for lights and indicators and move the Hazard (which was on the top of the column) to the main dash!! I have also had the 3d printer working non stop and printed the gauge pod for the turbo pressure and oil temp gauges and also the mounting frame for the standard rotary light switch!!

Here is the mounting hole for new light switch:
Image

mounting frame for the switch:
Image

frame installed in the dash:
Image

and light switch in place:
Image
Image

gauge pod mounted to dash:
Image
Image
Image
Image

Ill take a few shots of the new column at the weekend when ive got it fully installed (still waiting for the new wheel mounting boss so I can line it up)