Sat, Dec 15, 2018

Build Diary Thu Sep 17, 2015

Hi All, quick update on the buggy progress - there has been a bit!


Got the engine re-fitted and sorted out all the electrics through the center tunnel, connected up the handbrake and brake warning light from same. I've also made the guards to stop people sticking their fingers where they shouldnt!! And also to keep the SVA man happy!! - there are two main side panels shown here before paint
Passenger side:-
Image

and drivers side with cutout for the filler box:-
Image

then built ones for the rear to stop anyone putting fingers onto the main exhaust pipework (shown here painted and fitted) and also built two to protect the radiator, I added 8mm steel bar to the edges to make sure they will pass SVA
Image
Image
Image

Also re-built and painted the rod to cable gear change adapter box
Image
Image
Image
Image

So this is what she looks like at the moment:-
Image
Image

With a bit of luck and fine weather I will be able to make the pulley cover this weekend and start on the wheel arch brackets then she is done as far as fabrication goes!!

Its getting closer to the SVA!